Friday, February 4, 2011

What I'm Here to Do

My name is Carol and I love New Orleans. I live here. I was raised here. I'm raising my family here. New Orleans is my heart, my soul, my blood... well, pretty much everything. I love my city. The only thing I love more than New Orleans and everything about New Orleans is telling people about New Orleans and getting them to love it too! I happen to spend a.... umm.... good amount of time on Facebook... and my out-of-town friends ask me a lot what to do, what to see, and....most importantly... what to eat when they visit this city. My message inbox stays pretty full with inquiries of this sort so I put the question out there, should I start a NOLA blog? Well, the answer was an emphatic yes, and so here I am, your happy hostess! What is this blog gonna be about? Well, OBVIOUSLY, it's gonna be about New Orleans...but the thing that will set this site apart from the tons of travel information out there about New Orleans is that this will be a blog about everything New Orleans from an actual New Orleanian's perspective. Don't get me wrong; I love to go around and read about wonderful things that other people write about this city, but well... when non-New Orleanian's try to guide people around New Orleans, something just kind of gets lost in the translation. I'm always reading those articles thinking "Yikes, I would have said to go here instead..." or "No, please, don't tell them to go there!!"... "Ugh!! Why didn't they talk about this??" You get the picture. There's a bit of frustration that comes into play. Another thing that I can promise you a very inside perspective on is Mardi Gras. It's such an integral part of the city, and a part of the city that people are always so interested to know about, and I happen to have quite the inside viewpoint there! I reigned as Queen of the Krewe of Carrollton in 2001, and my family and my husband's family is involved in not only this krewe, but several others. Speaking a different language to you?? Don't worry. I plan on doing lots of posts about this, so you won't feel lost for long. Suffice it to say, you are getting info about Mardi Gras and New Orleans from a genuine Carnival Queen, and that's a pretty schnazzy deal! Expect general posts about the city, posts about things going on in the city, restaurant reviews, parade reviews... It's gonna be fantastic! I hope y'all enjoy reading it just as much as I know I'm gonna enjoy writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment